MyCupKates

Friday 19 August 2011

[Recipe] Banana bread with coconut & walnut


This is the upgrade version of banana bread.
The original recipe is Banana Bread with Coconut and Pecans 
I only had walnuts so I used it instead of pecans.
I love the magnolia bakery cookbook. I've tried a few recipes and all turned out great.

mashed bananas
I had lady finger bananas
 (I know,, too expensive to buy but I was lucky to have a few thanks to my mother in law)
but it was a bit bitter so I waited for them to get ripe enough for baking.

very moist and soft 
It is perfect for kids' lunch box or for tea time break. 
I love the fact that the bread has lots of goodies like bananas, coconuts and walnuts.
You can make a large batch in one go, freeze it to eat for later as well.
I halved the recipe but I wish I could have made a whole batch because it was so good!
Here is the recipe for you.

Ingredients

3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature, well beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
3/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped toasted pecans( I used walnuts)
3/4 shredded coconut


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and lightly flour a 10 inch tube pan.
3. In a medium size bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.


4. Beat the oil and sugar together.
5. Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat well.


 6. Add the bananas and sour cream and mix well.


7. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.



8. Stir in the pecans(or walnuts) and coconut. 


9. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. 
Bake for 60-70 minutes, 
or until a cake tester inserted into the centre of the bread comes out with moist crumb attached.


10. Let it cool.

cooling down... Smells great!
 Like I said, I halved the original recipe so my baking time was about 30~40 minutes at 180'C.
The smell was wonderful.. It'll make you so hungry for sure.


  I recommend you to keep this recipe for your family.
When banana price goes down, we can bake as much as we can!
Or if you love this so much, you can try now. ^^

Happy baking, everyone!







No comments:

Post a Comment